Sunday, April 27, 2008

Underbelly - Gripping Drama!

Just a quick post to express how addicted I am to the new Australian series Underbelly! I find it fascinating that this type of drama was a huge part of real-life Australia for the best part of ten years. I am following the trial of Carl Williams closely and, after having bought the book, am trying to research the gangland war extensively. If anyone has any advice as to where to seek further information, please let me know.

For those interested, there are two interviews posted on my Blog page. The first includes both Judy Moran (Jason & Mark Moran's mother) and Barbara Williams (Carl Williams) mother. This interview had excellent potential however the low-grade journalist that was assigned to conduct the interview, really let the Australian public down. Ray Martin + Moran mothers interview = top ratings!

The second is an interview with Tracey Grimshaw and Roberta Williams (Carl William's wife). Her intelligence surprised me as she is not portrayed as a smart woman whatsoever. Her insight into the gangland war is quite intriguing.

Take a look.

5 comments:

..Maxine.. said...

i heart underbelly

action packed!

NB13 said...

You said it! I love that its based on a true story but now that its coming to the end it kind of sucks that there wont be another series.

isha said...

I love underbelly too.

I would beg to differ about your opinion of the Roberta Williams character. I think that she was played as a very strong intelligent woman (albeit rough as guts). I thought that she was extremely likeable despite her immorality... that's what made it such a great show to watch.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

so i cant actually write english, hence my deleted post.

however i think it is an awesome show and was dissapointing to see it end.

have a look on wikipedia, it provides a surprisingly in depth look at the whole gang wars and is pretty interesting!